Whatsapp has introduced a new feature, Whatsapp web, using which we can access our Whatsapp on our computer to send and receive messages right from the browser.
How does it work?
All the messages and contacts on our phone are accessed by the Whatsapp server and is shown back to us in plane HTML interface on simple browser.
What are pros and cons?
- You can access same number at once on both phone and computer without any problems.
- Doesn’t need any special software to be installed, except for browser.
- You cannot use Whatsapp on computer only, i.e you cannot remove the WhatsApp app from phone and access that number directly on computer.
- Internet on phone has to be active in-order to make this thing work.
How do I do it?
It is real simple, all you have to do is update Whatsapp on your phone to latest version and perform the following steps.
- First go to this link http://web.whatsapp.com ,
As you can see a webpage appears with barcode in it, this barcode is going to work as access key.
- Now in your phone’s Whatsapp’s menu, and select ‘WhatApp web’.
Now camera open and stars scanning.
- Now point the camera at web page’s bar code, and hold it still for few seconds.
- Web page in your browser will reload to show this,
Tada, now you must be able see all your previous messages, and also to send and receive messages.